We are almost a week into the challenge and I thought I would share some thoughts and feelings that we have been hearing around the gym. I am guessing that all of you can relate to some or all of these. I will keep the comments anonymous. I thought I would shed some light on some of these comments and give my feedback as to why you guys are feeling these things, good and bad. My thoughts are in blue.
- I have lost 6lbs/4lbs in 6 days….crazy! I feel great. I had two separate folks say this. The 6lb loss is a male, and he feels great. He has made some great changes and 6lbs is a ton of weight. Lots of it is water and losing global inflammation which is exactly what we are going for! The second comment came from a female who was eating rice/grains. My response is that for her to lose 4lbs, it just goes to show how much grains affect global inflammation!
- I am so hungry, I should have had a cheeseburger last night. If you are changing your nutrition drastically you need to make sure you are eating enough. I know there are a handful of you that are probably not getting enough food because you are eating clean. Be very consciousnesses that you are getting enough. An easy way to add some calories are nuts and nut butters. If you are not eating enough fat add some to every meal. Also do a food journal so you know how much is going in.
- I feel great but my “system” is not so happy. I am guessing a lot of you are going through this. If you are not used to eating lots of fruits and veggies you most likely were not getting enough fiber, and now you are. Your body needs some time to get used to the extra fiber, so hang in there for a week or two. Your system will settle down and be back to normal in a few weeks.
- My face is breaking out…must be some kind of detox. Yes it is like a detox. Your body is letting go of a lot of “junk” that is was holding onto and often this will affect you complexion. Again hang in there for a few weeks and then your complexion will look great!
- I haven’t had caffeine in 3 days and I feel great! No Mountain dew!! All I can say here is GREAT WORK!!!
- I’m so hungry on my rest days…need more chicken and coffee. Many of us feel “extra” hungry on our rest day. Often this is because our bodies are really in “healing mode” and is working hard to rebuild the muscles that you have been tearing down. Make sure you are eating enough and getting enough water even on rest days.
- Bulletproof coffee is amazing, so much better than heavy cream, but make sure you use the blender. http://well.bradrourke.com/2012/12/how-i-make-bulletproof-coffee/ I haven’t tried it yet because I’m drinking tea right now, but if you are a coffee person, I would say to should try this!
- What…I can’t find bacon without sugar??? Goes to show that we need to really read what we are eating. I did find that Applegate Farms “Sunday Bacon” http://www.applegate.com/products/natural-sunday-bacon uses less the 2% of cane syrup. Still sugar but I can tell you this bacon tastes less sweet than others I have tried. You can also go online and find grass feed bacon without sugar, you just have to order it.
- Glad to be back to the gym. Been way too long! Welcome back!!!
- I have only had milk once this week and one diet coke. This food tastes really good. Congrats, I knew you could do it!
- I have to go to the store a lot more often to get fresh fruit and veggies. This is very true but as long as you get in the habit, it’s not so bad!
- I’m going to get unassisted pull-ups, on or off this challenge and I am going to have a beer to celebrate! Love it!
- I’m starving…I don’t think I’m eating enough. SEE ABOVE.
We would love to hear your thoughts, comments and questions. Please comment below! Keep up the great work everyone. We are very proud of you all. Remember that the first few weeks are the hardest!